Homemade All Natural Furniture Dusting Spray

by beth on June 29, 2009

How to Make Your Own Fur­ni­ture Dust­ing Spray.

You might be won­der­ing why you’d ever want to make your own? Well, it’s cheaper, non-toxic, and it’s “green” so you can feel good about your­self even if you don’t recy­cle.  At least that’s how I see it.

Ingre­di­ents you need:

Light Olive Oil
White Vine­gar (I like Heinz)
Lemon-Essential Oil
Water
ONE 16 oz Spray bottle

Add 2 tsp Light Olive Oil into the bot­tle
Mix in 20 drops of Lemon-Essential Oil
Add 1/4 cup White Vine­gar
Then just fill the rest of the bot­tle with warm water

When you go to use it don’t for­get to shake it well, then you can just use it like reg­u­lar old fur­ni­ture pol­ish or wood floor cleaner (as always test on a small spot first).

Now go send your kids off to help clean while you rest a bit.

1 Jamie July 1, 2009 at 5:12 am

I LOVE this post. I have become so addicted to vinegar as a house-hold cleaning product. I will have to try this. thanks!

2 confused homemaker July 2, 2009 at 12:40 pm

Your welcome!

3 Alizah December 5, 2009 at 7:02 am

Why do you use white vinegar? Wouldn’t using apple cider vinegar be more green?

4 beth December 5, 2009 at 9:40 am

Apple cider vinegar has a different property mix to it. Apple cider vinegar is more acidic & shouldn’t be used as a substitute for distilled white vinegar for cleaning. Apple cider vinegar can also stain some surfaces. The same goes for subbing in white vinegar in a recipe that calls for apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar is usually used for helping assist in health though & is pretty popular as a holistic aid. Both types of vinegar may also be used to as an ingredient in cooking for different recipes.

5 Rita April 12, 2010 at 7:39 am

oh this is a great recipe for all natural furniture dusting =) Thanks! I stumbled in here whilst blog-hopping. I’ll follow as I’m also a mom and it’s good to know other Mom’s are getting lost too =)

6 Karelle June 29, 2011 at 11:48 am

Hi…great recipe and fabulous tip! Thank you!!!
My questions are: Can I use this on both inside and outside furniture? I am in Florida and have wicker furniture that I use outdoors during the Winter/Spring months, but is stored in 78 degrees A/C during the Summer (hot, hot, hot) months. Also, how often can/should this be used on this type of furniture?
Gratefully yours,
Karelle

7 Cindy February 26, 2012 at 6:12 pm

Can I use another type of oil? Grapeseed?