Simple Crockpot Vegetable Soup

by beth on February 20, 2010

Sim­ple Crock­pot Veg­etable Soup

It’s a fast & easy recipe today.  You chop & dump into your crock­pot, let it do the rest for you.   It’s per­fect for a meat­less dish & it tastes as good as it smells cook­ing. My, Oh My, does it taste good.  Never knew my veg­gies could be so tempting.

What You Need

6 Cups Water

1 ½ Cups Tomato Puree

1 Cel­ery Stalk chopped

3/4 Cup of Corn

3/4  Cup of Peas

3 Car­rots diced

2 Medium Pota­toes diced into small cubes

½ Red Onion, finely chopped

1 Tea­spoon Pepper

1 ½  Tea­spoon Salt

1  Table­spoon Ital­ian Seasoning

2–3 Gar­lic Cloves (minced)

1 Table­spoon of Olive Oil (for saute­ing the onions)

6 ounces of small shaped noo­dles (you must boil, drain, & add these to your fin­ished soup)

You will need to saute your onions in the Olive Oil just until they are translu­cent. Before adding them into the Crockpot.

Cook in your Crock­pot for 5–6 hours on high.

HOWEVER, wait until after you have cooked the soup for 5–6 hours on high before adding your already boiled noo­dles (we like to add ones that are dif­fer­ent shapes) to the soup.

You will want to cook this in a 6 quart size crock­pot or larger. It makes 12 serv­ings, so if you wanted you adjust the recipe to feed a smaller lot. With our gang here this feed us with leftovers.

After it is done cook­ing & you have added your noo­dles you can then add addi­tional sea­son­ing to taste as you please or keep it as!

1 Stacie February 20, 2010 at 9:53 am

This sounds delicious and I love the fact it’s meant for the crockpot. I am going to have to try this for sure.

2 beth February 23, 2010 at 7:24 am

Yes, crockpots should get more use. I love mine.

3 Laura February 20, 2010 at 10:52 pm

Mmmm…sounds and looks good! You should come on over to Outnumbered Mom and check out Well-fed Wednesdays. I’m trying to share a family-friendly recipe each Wednesday.

Glad to have found you!

4 beth February 23, 2010 at 7:23 am

Laura, I will have to hop over for that. I love the idea of a well-fed day to share recipes.

5 smilinggreenmom February 21, 2010 at 3:21 pm

Oh yummy Beth! This looks so delish – I really really love vegetable soup. We tried some pasta a few weeks ago that was made using Kamut Khorasan Wheat, and we all loved it so much. It was like the icky enriched stuff but not – it”s whole wheat and healthy. I must try it with this! Thanks – going to go rummage in my cupboards to see if I have enough ingredients to make this today!

6 beth February 23, 2010 at 7:23 am

Hope you had some yummy soup! It’s a good healthy dish & the kids here loved helping with it.

7 Unknown Mami February 21, 2010 at 4:28 pm

Thank you! I’m going to make this.

8 beth February 23, 2010 at 7:25 am

You’re welcome! It’s a great & easy dish. Hope you like :)

9 SB February 21, 2010 at 8:20 pm

thanks for sharing!

10 beth February 23, 2010 at 7:26 am

You’re welcome :) I love food…and soup is so good for the winter. Heck, I’d eat soup on the hottest summer day too, who am I kidding!

11 Angela February 23, 2011 at 5:53 pm

This recipe was a life-saver for me!! I was requested to make Vege Soup “in a crockpot” for someone “new” in my life, and I had never made any kind of vegetable soup, ever and I’m 41. Since I had never cooked for this person, it was SO important that it tasted great and you never know with new recipes. But I searched crockpot vege soup and up came this recipe!! I made it and it was so delicious, I was thanked for the next 3 days. That was 6 weeks ago, and I am making it again today. :-) Thank you so much.

12 Jeannie April 10, 2011 at 8:36 pm

How long would this soup last in the fridge and can you freeze it? I live alone and love soup.. but I can’t it eat it all on my own.

13 beth April 11, 2011 at 10:09 am

You can freeze it (and any soup really), it should last if properly stored for 3 months. When you reheat it you might want to add some extra water to it to help thin out the soup as soup can thicken when frozen.

14 Jeannie April 11, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Thank you Beth. I wasn’t sure since I just started making my own soup from 1 recipe.. now I have 2. :)

15 Sheila April 11, 2011 at 1:16 pm

I thought noodles didn’t freeze well… a friend of mine tried making turkey soup and the noodles went mush when he thawed it out. Or maybe you meant the soup without the noodles freeze ok?

16 kristi November 20, 2011 at 4:27 pm

you think I could I substitute zucchini for the peas.

17 Ann at Mundane Magic November 29, 2011 at 11:28 am

It turned really cold this morning! Just finished putting all the ingredients into the crockpot for tonight’s family dinner. (I made a few additions and subs – limas for peas, some already cooked mexican rice instead of pasta, okra was added) I plan to serve it with a crusty french bread we especially froze from a “good” bakery a few weeks ago.

This will allow me to do the writing and PR work needed today without being frazzled when the school bus comes “oh-so-soon”. Thanks so much for posting this soup recipe.

18 Marcy March 19, 2012 at 11:11 am

Could I use chicken broth instead of water? Would that ruin the flavor? My husband gave up meat for lent so I am trying this recipe tomorrow!

19 beth March 19, 2012 at 11:27 am

Using chicken broth wouldn’t ruin the flavor in my opinion :)

20 Traci March 22, 2012 at 1:25 pm

I used chicken broth and it was tasty!

21 Traci March 22, 2012 at 1:24 pm

I made this overnight in the crockpot(8 hours on low) – ate two bowls for breakfast. I added cooked barley instead of noodles before serving for dinner. Delicious!!

22 Kellie January 25, 2013 at 8:15 pm

found this on pinterest a while back. I use this recipe (with changes here and there to change it up) about 2-3 times a month. My husband who supposedly hates soup, had 3 bowls of it tonight. My 20month old clapped her hands and yelled “soup! soup! soup!” And my 3 year old ate it no problem. Thank you for this healthy and easy recipe.