Skidders Sock Shoes

by beth on March 22, 2010

When we were out at Tar­get shop­ping the other day I saw these Skid­ders.  They are sock shoes for babies and tod­dlers.  I seems (from read­ing their site) they are for pre-walkers who aren’t full-on walk­ing.  I just thought they were the very cool look­ing.  And after look­ing at their web­site I see they have a ton of dif­fer­ent looks available.

I liked the ones with flames because they remind me of my Hubby’s flame shoes, which he did wear to our wed­ding. I’m think­ing D-man could rock them like a lit­tle baby-man ver­sion of his Daddy’s.  D-man is still not quite walk­ing on his own yet, even though his broth­ers are still try­ing (as hard as they can) to get him too.

And for your lit­tle girls there are these sweet lit­tle high-top sneak­ers.  I wish these had been around when Mamacita was this age.  I’d have got­ten her sev­eral dif­fer­ent styles.

Aren’t they adorable?

1 Sarah March 22, 2010 at 9:10 am

I don’t have any for my girls, but a friend of mine does and she swears by them. I keep thinking I need to check them out, so now I’ll have to for sure!

2 Michelle March 22, 2010 at 9:22 am

Those are so cute!!!

3 Shauna March 22, 2010 at 9:23 am

I think those are fab!! We have all wood floors- would have been a great thing to have a year ago!

4 Shana Putnam March 22, 2010 at 10:21 am

Oh for real?? My husband wore flamed Vans to our wedding. How funny! I wouldn’t let him throw them away when we went through our closet a few weeks ago.

5 faemom March 23, 2010 at 7:07 pm

Oh, those are super cute. I heart Target.

6 Cassandra September 21, 2010 at 2:04 pm

These are great! I’ve used them on my son for a while now and he still wears them. They go up in size to a 4T-5T. I buy them instead of slippers for my now 4 year old since we have hardwood floors. That way when he is running through the house (like only little boys can do…lol) he doesn’t slip and fall on the slick floors. He loves them, I love them…its a win-win!

7 Jodie Barnes December 22, 2010 at 3:01 pm

I have a mother who now must have a walker in order to walk everyday. She has trouble putting shoes and socks on herself and mostly she walks around the house daily in just a pair of socks. She has recently taken a serious fall from losing traction on her slick floors with only socks on. Does this company make the skidders for adults? If possible, I would “love” to suggest they look into the elderly and also physical therapy patients which have problems walking while recuperating at home or in hospitals. Older people could use these type shoes too!

8 Jennifer March 28, 2011 at 9:19 pm

Wish they would sell these for babies who are inside and outside in walkers. Wonder why they are marketed as pre-walker shoes for babies but they don’t come in baby sizes. They only start at size 8. Pity.

9 Jennifer March 28, 2011 at 9:34 pm

They do now offer smaller baby sizes. I stand corrected.
They also offer women’s sizes: http://www.myskidders.com/gripper-socks-women/