Blueberry Muffins

by beth on June 25, 2010

TCH_1193

I adore blue­ber­ries.  I truly do.  The blue, the berry, the way they bust open when you eat them.  I have high hopes to actu­ally grow them in the yard.   My daugh­ter also has a blue­berry love.  Mak­ing blue­berry muffins one of her favorite things.  Muffins are a great item to have on hand.  Some­times I dou­ble the recipe in hopes of freez­ing half the batch, but usu­ally they are eaten too quickly for me to freeze.

TCH_0010

½ Cup Milk

2 Cups Fresh Blueberries

Topping:

2 Table­spoons Sugar

1/4 Tea­spoon Cinnamon

1/4 Tea­spoon Nutmeg

Pre­heat oven to 375 degrees. If you use muf­fin paper you still will want to but­ter the exposed area of your muf­fin pan. If you do not use muf­fin paper cups then make sure to but­ter the whole pan & lightly dust with flour, tap­ping out excess.

How To Put It Together:

In a medium bowl, sift together all your dry ingre­di­ents.  This includes the flour, bak­ing pow­der, bak­ing soda and salt.  Sift­ing these together will give an light & airy tex­ture to the muffins that will make you want to dive in once they are done.

TCH_1143

In the bowl of an elec­tric mixer fit­ted with the pad­dle attach­ment, or using a hand-held mixer cream together your stick of but­ter and 1 cup sugar.  You will use a medium to high speed, it should take about  about 3 minute.  Then add your eggs (one at a time) & mix together.  Now mix in your vanilla and milk.

TCH_1148

OK, grab those sifted dry ingre­di­ents & grad­u­ally add those in.  Grad­u­ally or you will get a face full of your dry ingre­di­ents, trust me.

TCH_1228

With a rub­ber spat­ula gen­tly fold in your blue­ber­ries. Not too rough, remem­ber this isn’t some no holds bar cage match. You’re only mak­ing muffins.

TCH_1236

Now add the yummy mix to your muf­fin tin.  If you are like me and could just eat the tops of the muffins then fill those bad boys up.  In my opin­ion the tops make the muffins.

TCH_1257

After you fill your tin, sprin­kle with the sugar/cinnamon & nut­meg mix.  It’s OK because there are blue­ber­ries in there.  It totally coun­ters any sugar, at least that’s what I’m telling myself.

TCH_1320

Bake for about 24–28 min­utes at 375 degrees.  You want muffins that are golden brown.  And now sit back, let them cool & get ready for the stam­pede of feet to rush toward you beg­ging for one!

1 Alexandra June 25, 2010 at 9:38 am

Warm muffins with butter…YUM!!

2 alicia June 25, 2010 at 9:56 am

Those look amazing. The picture totally lured me in. YUM!!

3 Liam O'Malley June 25, 2010 at 4:33 pm

Great pictures. I, too, am a huge blueberry fan but actually didn’t even eat them until very recently. No good reason why not. No worries though, now I’ve just gotta make up for lost time.

4 Alexia June 25, 2010 at 6:05 pm

Those look yummy. My daughter loves blueberries.

5 Deborah June 26, 2010 at 8:58 am

There is nothing like a perfect blueberry muffin!

6 faemom June 26, 2010 at 3:25 pm

I love blueberry muffins. I have to try your recipe. My boys aren’t big into muffins. (I know. What kind of kids did I breed?) I have to put spinkles on top and call them cupcakes to get my boys to eat them.

7 Meaghan June 26, 2010 at 9:36 pm

Yummy. second blueberry muffin recipe i have seen in blogs today – making me hungry. wish i had the ingredients to make some and have them for breakfast tomorrow to follow my own rules – hope you will check out my blog to see what I mean. Get your daily dose of fitness and health tips and more, from a new mommy. (Lady Blogger and SITSfest girl)

8 Lisa June 27, 2010 at 3:13 am

those look absolutely AMAZING! they look like those big fat ones u get at au bon pain (the cafe shop). delish!

9 existential mom June 27, 2010 at 9:59 pm

mmmmm…thanks :) blueberries are one of the three healthiest of foods apparently. these look yummy too. cheers!

10 erin June 28, 2010 at 2:30 pm

these look good, esp. with the topping! i love all kinds of muffins, particularly blueberry. I just tried another blogger’s recipe that calls for cream cheese in the batter, and they are good, too! cannot wait to try yours. thanks for sharing!

11 Unknown Mami June 29, 2010 at 12:20 pm

I wish you would just come over and cook for me. I would be your biggest fan.

12 Sophia June 29, 2010 at 5:51 pm

Your photos are really amazing. You did a great job. I absolutely love blueberry muffins. I’m going to have to make one soon after seeing this. I plan on making a Blueberry Pie Supreme, but if I have more blueberries, I’ll try to make these too! Thanks for sharing this!

13 Chef Dennis June 30, 2010 at 9:15 pm

with all the fresh blueberries around this is a perfect treat to make with them!
thanks for sharing!

14 Jen July 12, 2010 at 9:46 pm

These were delicious and so easy to make! Loved that they weren’t super sweet with too much sugar, yet the topping was delish!

15 Gabrielle July 21, 2012 at 12:06 am

Highly recommend! These turned out perfectly and taste absolutely Devine!

16 Marisa July 21, 2012 at 7:43 pm

Hi! Just pulled these out of the oven and they look delicious. I did have a problem though. For some reason the middle of my muffins will not cook and they sunk down very far so they look like craters. This happened to 8 out of the 12 so I’m kind of bummed. I’m not really a baker so I’m sure I did something wrong haha. Do you have any idea?