In the Kitchen: A Rooster & A Pig

by beth on July 22, 2010

Alright in an effort to not do work I was brows­ing the online cat­a­log at Williams-Sonoma pre­tend­ing that per­haps one day I might actu­ally go in to a store or order some­thing offline ver­sus just browse. When I saw the Rooster Français Din­ner­ware & thought if I can’t get to the coun­try any time in the near future I surely could bring the coun­try via Roost­ers on my plate to me.

Do you have any roost­ers or other fun things in your kitchen?

Maybe you have some­thing fun like this guy?

Because when I came across Pierre the Pig I got all giddy inside.  You might say “Why Beth what do you need Pierre for?”  I’ll tell you because he makes me smile.  He looks like a good lis­tener & he not only has a chef’s hat on but a neck­er­chief!  Oh & he is a PIG!  I mean really a pig!  A pig in a neck­er­chief.  And yes, I’m aware that I’m very eas­ily enter­tained.  I also got overly excited about my new shower cur­tain.  But this beats that hands down. Then I thought it would be kinda of mor­bid on the days when we’re serv­ing bacon which for some rea­son makes me gig­gle.  Yea, I know I’m a real sicko.   I hope Pierre can for­give me.

1 beths_confusion July 22, 2010 at 1:07 pm

[New Post] In the Kitchen: A Rooster & A Pig – via #twitoaster http://theconfusedhomemaker.com/2010/07/

2 Sunshine Mom July 22, 2010 at 12:02 pm

I looove browsing online at williams-sonoma! I like to put stuff in my cart and daydream. :) I don’t trust myself in the actual store. I always leave with a bag full of stuff I don’t need!!
I have a huge wooden cow on my counter that takes up way too much room, but I love her. :) :)

3 beth July 26, 2010 at 8:49 am

Oh, I’d love to have a big wooden cow! I’m all about farm animals in the kitchen.

4 Carolyn - What Life Dishes Out September 12, 2010 at 3:40 pm

I have a big cow painting (It’s a Warren Kimble) over my fireplace. People look at it really weird when they come over. I don’t get any compliments on it, so I know they are all thinking “Why on Earth would anybody want a COW over their fireplace?!?!?!?”. Nice to know there are other cow admirers out there like me. :-) I also have a few wooden pigs (small) on the mantle, and a plethora of chickens and roosters around the house. Love those plates and they’d be perfect in my kitchen, but I can’t bring myself to buy new until I break all the ugly ones I have now. I’m cheap like that.

5 blue-eyes July 22, 2010 at 12:26 pm

Lovelovelove that dishware! We just moved, so nothing yet. Just my kitchenaid. I’m not sure what to do, but if I had those plates, i’d decorate around them!

6 beth July 26, 2010 at 8:49 am

Kitchenaid mixers rock! I know totally want the dishware, it’s just so pretty.

7 Dawn July 22, 2010 at 12:35 pm

Can you imagine a shower curtain featuring a pig in a neckerchief?

I actually have a rooster in my kitchen. He keeps an eye on things for me. No pigs, though. Pity.

8 beth July 26, 2010 at 8:50 am

Oh, Dawn!! I’d buy a shower curtain like that in a heartbeat. My husband would think me insane for doing so but heck he already thinks I’m a little nutty anyway ;)

9 Lady Hill July 22, 2010 at 4:25 pm

My whole kitchen is roosters!
I am a firm believer that all kitchens need at least one.
I have rooster pitchers, rooster plates, rooster knives/forks/spoons, rooster bowls, serving dishes, placemats… you name it, I’ve got it!

I think I’ll have to do a post about my rooster kitchen in the near future.

oh, and Pierre is Tres cool!

fromlazytolady.blogspot.com

10 beth July 26, 2010 at 8:50 am

You should do a post about it! I’d love to see a rooster filled kitchen ::drool::

11 alyson: Common Sense, Dancing July 22, 2010 at 7:50 pm

Love the dishes! Love W-S!

I’ve got a trio of fowl — two ducks and a rooster — who inhabit my kitchen island. They’re Harry, David, and Guido. I love them. (My family thinks it’s a bit nutty.)

I also had a trio of small speckled black chickens, but two were beheaded by an errant ball (grrr) so he’s going solo at the other end of the island. If there’s a throw down, he’s a la king.

I’ll have to get photos. I heart them.

12 beth July 26, 2010 at 8:51 am

LOL, I love the names!! Guido is awesome :)

And yes photos!

13 Karen G July 23, 2010 at 6:40 pm

I’m all for the little things that make you smile and if that pig makes you smile, then by all means! And yes, I’m pretty easily entertained myself. Now, you’ve made me want to run off to Williams-Sonoma to go have a looksee around! Happy weekend, Beth!! :>

14 beth July 26, 2010 at 8:51 am

I know it’s sometimes just little things that bring a smile & for me it’s pigs, LOL :)

Hope you had a good weekend too Karen :)

15 Richard April 10, 2013 at 11:11 am

I broke my wife’s Pierre The Pig today and she is going to be so sad. Any idea where I can find a replacement? WS doesn’t sell it anymore. I’m in the doghouse…or maybe the pig pen!